Feb 24, 2021
Milton L. Wainberg, M.D., joins Dr. Dixon and Dr. Berezin to
discuss protocols for studies implementing comprehensive mental
health services in low- and middle-income countries.
Dr. Wainberg is a professor of clinical psychiatry at Columbia
University and the New York State Psychiatric Institute and
director of the Global Mental Health Implementation Science program
at Columbia University.
- Development of the author's partnership with Psychiatric
Services to publish protocols to address the gap between
global mental health research and treatment [1:59]
- Applying lessons learned in low- and middle-income countries to
the United States [11:17]
- Overriding themes of the published protocols [15:41]
- Key advantages, challenges, and design solutions of these
- Overview of what related studies are doing at other sites
- A call to be bold in engaging with complex problems in mental
health care [28:11]
List of published Global Mental Health Implementation
Subscribe to the podcast here.
Check out Editor's Choice, a set of curated collections
from the rich resource of articles published in the journal.
up to receive notification of new Editor's Choice
Browse other articles on our web site.
Be sure to let your colleagues know about the podcast, and
please rate and review it wherever you listen to it.
Listen to other podcasts produced by the American
Follow the journal on Twitter.
E-mail us at email@example.com