Jun 27, 2022
Dr. George Pro, Ph.D., M.P.H., joins Dr. Dixon and Dr. Berezin
to discuss the downward trend in the
provision of mental health services in Spanish across the US,
despite the rapidly increasing Hispanic population. Dr. Pro
is an Assistant Professor in the College of Public Health at the
University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences.
- How did you get involved in this research? [01:04]
- What are the demographic challenges and what do we know about
services provision in this population? [02:20]
- The level of mental health care service utilization
- Why focus on language access? [05:39]
- What did you find? [06:48]
National Mental Health Services Survey [08:25]
- National results [10:24]
- The importance of data visualization [12:39]
- Figures and how they convey information [17:02]
- Ohio and North Dakota: rate of change, not overall population
- What are the limitations to this approach? [21:43]
- Communicating data to policy makers [23:26]
- What’s next for your research? [24:45]
Figures from the article:
Subscribe to the podcast here.
Check out Editor's
Choice, a set of curated collections from the rich resource of
articles published in the journal. Sign up to receive
notification of new Editor's Choice collections.
Browse other articles on our website.
Be sure to let your colleagues know about the podcast, and
please rate and review it wherever you listen to it.
other podcasts produced by the American Psychiatric
Follow the journal on Twitter.
E-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org